To be the key movement in Hyndburn for environmental sustainability and to use our collective knowledge, skills, work and experience to secure this for current and future generations
- We value our environment, both local and global and respect its uniqueness and fragility.
- We are committed to the principle of environmental sustainability.
- We act as a catalyst for positive environmental change.
- We believe in working collaboratively for our environment.
- We believe that local people acting in their own right or collectively can reduce their carbon footprints by changing their behavior and practices.
- We are a people based organisation which is rooted in local communities.
- We seek to work for the benefit of all communities both present and future.
- We believe everyone has a positive contribution to make and we are committed to equality of opportunity for all.
- We work ethically.
The Foundation is a company limited by guarantee (3686719), is governed by an elected Management Committee and was formed in December 1998. It became a registered charity (1076541) in July 1999. The Foundation was set up in order to support the existing PROSPECTS Panels.
The Foundation became a source of advice and guidance for the Panels, assisting with funding, practical assistance, training and publicity. The PROSPECTS Panels have developed a wide range of environmental and community projects, which have helped make a difference to the residents of Hyndburn.
Take a look at our past and present projects from the menu for a flavour of the kind of work the PROSPECTS Foundation and PROSPECTS Panels get involved with.
Tweet Tweet to @Prospects1998 Follow @Prospects1998